Elder Austin J. Johnson

Elder Austin J. Johnson
Elder Austin Johnson has been called to serve in the Marshall Islands Marjuro Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and invites you to share in his adventure! "You will know at the finish line."

Saturday, October 15, 2016

A change to P-Day

Hey Mom!

I received the B Day package! Thank you so much! With food and money being tight it is hard to share with everyone haha. But it is because this past week we had 9 people living in our 4 person apartment. My dad (trainer) wanted all of his sons to live with him for the meeting. So every missionary in the Marshall Islands came to Majuro this week to have a mission conference with a 70, president Haleck. He taught us some good things and now he is gone. We switched p day to today and are having another one Monday. My comp is from Jordan Utah and i will take a pic with him. The Transfer info has come in and...


I am training. I will be receiving a son. His name is Elder Kendrick and I can't really remember him from the MTC. And turns out that I am the ONLY one in my MTC district training. What humbling news that was that I was chosen. Kennerly is working with Turnbow, Sevison with Scott, Ross with Thiel. But everyone experienced (6 months or more) is getting to train. Except me because I will be training too. I will be working in Uliga which I am happy about because I love the Bishop and I worked in that area before my trainer came and I dont have to leave the house!

I ate some weird things, half raw chicken (dont worry i didnt eat the bloody part), a whole fish, and I ate a FISH EYEBALL. Cameron would have thrown up for sure. Gonna have dog today apparently so I will tell you how that is. 

The language is going better my vocab is expanding and I am able to understand more of what people are saying. I am not ready to train langauge wise but I know that nothing is impossible through God. I find it an honor to teach after one transfer and I am excited. I have been working in Delap with Elder Sheffield while my dad has been out making bad choices. 

I got on today and had 46 emails if that answers your question :)

I just need food :) I love it so much. I already have two Marshallese recipes that I am trying when I get home :)

So I also heard that we leave early when we come home to fit with the transfers. So we did the math and that most likely means that I will be coming home on the FOURTH OF JULY!

Love you mom and miss ya (I can wear the hat)

Elder J

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I am Elder Kendrick's mother! This is exciting! Hopefully Elder Kendrick Will be a good son to Elder Johnson! I would love to hear from you at amyckendrick@gmail.com or on Facebook!

    ReplyDelete