Elder Austin J. Johnson

Elder Austin J. Johnson
Elder Austin Johnson has been called to serve in the Marshall Islands Marjuro Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and invites you to share in his adventure! "You will know at the finish line."

Monday, October 10, 2016

My Birthday

LATE POST: Letter from 02 October 2016

Thats right, ya boy is 19.

Its kinda weird to think about but we are celebrating by buying 12 dollar ice cream because that is how expensive it is here! Quick update before I let all of ya go.

The Work: Is really picking up. We had 31 lessons this week and most of them were kids, we will have most of them baptized on the 15th. I dont know where I am going for the next transfer but I do know that I am training someone who just came from the MTC. I am really excited about that! It is really nice my bday is on a pday so we can play volleyball to celebrate.

ZL LIFE: Is going really busy. We picked up Lae from the airport (the elders who were working there) and the plane came two hours late. But i wasnt complaining because we got to watch sportscenter for the first timie in 3 months :). I love all the missionaries that work here and they are so cool and fun to be around. I have been taking the lead in lessons this week and I think people can understand me. We teach first about God and Prayer, then Prohets, then the life of Jesus Christ, then we extend the baptism invite and go from there. More airport pickups are happening this week as we await the appearance of a 70 to open up a new stake and we will have a mission conference. 

The people: So nice and they love white people or they hate them. So I am better recienved in certain areas than others. Kids cry when they see me but 6 years and up they love me and my magic tricks. 

Me:I have learned so much about the life and mission of Jesus Christ in these last few weeks than ever before. Although the mission language is a struggle. I dive deep in the english doctrine and learn more about myslef and the savior. I encourage you all to do the same. 

YOu all: I love and appreciate all of you and the emails you send. I wish I had more time to write bigger letters to all of you but the internet here is iffy and really bad. I also commend all of you for being able to read this email although it is rigged with spelling and grammar errors. I love all of you and pray for all of you and I will talk to ya next week :)

Elder J

No comments:

Post a Comment