Elder Austin J. Johnson

Elder Austin J. Johnson
Elder Austin Johnson has been called to serve in the Marshall Islands Marjuro Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and invites you to share in his adventure! "You will know at the finish line."

Friday, August 5, 2016

First Letter From MTC

Dear family,

This is my P day :) at the MTC I have Preparation Day on Fridays! I love it here. The Spirit is so great and the district is so cool. We are all trying to learn the language as best as possible. The language is so weird. It requires a lot of mouth exercises to help you pronounce all the letters in the alphabet. We are actually giving our first Marshallese lesson tonight. I am a bit nervous but I know that I will have the spirit with me to at least assist in all of my plans. I have a very happy branch president. We are asked to prepare talks every Sunday and two of us will be chosen at random. Crazy right?? Another cool thing is our branch houses 8 different languages, including Malagassi, Samoan, Tahitian, Fijian, Marshallese, Kiribati, ASL, and Asian-Creole. Testimony meetings and prayers in our mission language are going to be incredible! Attached are some pictures of the district as well as my companion, Elder Robinson. He's British, so he's a pretty cool guy. I can't wait to go out to the field and teach! Please send this as a chain email :)

Cam - Hope you are already following my counsel! Love you bud

Lex - How are things?? Whats up?? Miss ya!

Ponton - Gid Giiiiiiilll


Much love

Ij yokwe eok!


Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment