Elder Austin J. Johnson

Elder Austin J. Johnson
Elder Austin Johnson has been called to serve in the Marshall Islands Marjuro Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and invites you to share in his adventure! "You will know at the finish line."

Saturday, August 27, 2016

Speaking Marshallese in Church

Friends and Family:

How is everyone doing??? The MTC is the same old same old and I really do love it here. Unfortunately, I do want to leave and get out to the Marshall Islands as soon as I can. My flight plans should be here on Friday so I cannot wait to see where I am headed :). Highlights of the week:

Got to sing with the Nashville Tribute Band in the choir on Sunday. if you haven't heard of them, look them up. They are a Christian country band and I love their music. One of the founding members was the pianist from Diamond Rio so that is pretty legit.

The language is going super well. It is pretty confusing at time just because of how they structure their sentences but I need to stop thinking and comparing it to English. 

I've really gotten into playing volleyball during exercise time! It is such a joy to play with my district!

So every Sunday we are asked to prepare a talk for sacrament meeting, because they announce who is speaking DURING sacrament meeting. So as we are saying goodbye to the Samoans, one of the counselors of the Branch Pres. walks up to me and asks if I am ready. I didn't know what he meant, so i said yeah. And then I was called up to speak in sacrament meeting IN MARSHALLESE to speak about enduring to the end. I was so nervous because I only prepared half of a talk (must be 5 mins) So I was super nervous but I did it! Somehow I squeezed out a five minute talk about enduring to the end in marshallese. Gift of Tongues is real. Especially on week 3
Saying goodbye to the Sisters.

It was really difficult because we had to say goodbye to the Samoans, Fijians, and Tongans this week. The most spiritual experiences happened on Saturday when we all gathered as a branch and sung one hymn for each language. Although we had no idea what we were saying, it was awesome and super spiritual.

I have memorized the First Vision and My Purpose in Marshallese. Really hard but I did it :)

Love my district so much. We are all so different but I love them so much.

My Purpose:

To invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored Gospel through Faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, Repentance, Baptism, Receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost, and Enduring to the end


Un Eo Ad

Jej karuwaineinek ro jet bwe ren itok nan Kraist, kon ad jipan er bok kojpel eo emoj an jeplaaktok, kon Tomak ilo Jisos Kraist im Pinmuur eo an, ukelok, Peptaij, bok menin letok eo an Jetob Kwojarjar im niknik nan jemlokin.



Word of the day:

Niknik nan jemlokin (Endure to the End)
(nig uh nig ngan gem a log in)


 Elder Austin Johnson

1 comment:

  1. Just came across this! I love it. This kid is going to do great things. Love ya Austin!

    ReplyDelete