Elder Austin J. Johnson

Elder Austin J. Johnson
Elder Austin Johnson has been called to serve in the Marshall Islands Marjuro Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and invites you to share in his adventure! "You will know at the finish line."

Friday, September 9, 2016

Last Week at MTC

Iokwe Friends and Family (Motta ro im baamle!)

Lets talk about my week, shall I? I am so glad everyone is doing well and that we are slowly moving the work forward. Lets talk about it:

Sunday: Sunday was fast and testimony meeting, which was my last one in the MTC. I saw a professional football player speak Chris Lewis of the Eagles (ew) but he delivered probably the most powerful talk I have heard in a long time. Super strong testimony who basically said being in the Super Bowl and catching a TD pass was NOTHING compared to serving his mission in Taiwan. I love sunday Devotionals at the MTC.

Monday: Was actually a pretty regular day with just being busy a lot. Our new teacher Bro Tonini just got back from the Marshall Islands one month ago and he is still in contact with the zone leaders there and he said:

4 are going to Majuro (main Island)
3 to Ebeye (military base)
1 to Jaluit (outer Island)
3 are OPENING UP NEW ISLANDS NEVER BEFORE VISITED BY MISSIONARIES!

I am honestly so excited to just get out there. I have waited for the leaving day for a long time now and I look forward to going!

Tuesday: We were able to hear an apostle speak, Elder D Todd Christofferson. He delivered a powerful message on the power of Repentance and the role it plays in the people we teach lives. I always love hearing an apostle speak and to sing in the choir, where we did a rendition of the Hymn "Sweet Hour of Prayer"

Wednesday: Normal day where it was all the same. You still feel the spirit, it just bums me that nothing out of the ordinary happens on days like that. 

Thursday: We had IN FIELD ORIENTATION, where we find out what to expect and how to succeed in the mission field. It started at 8am and ended at 5pm. Lets just say that yesterday was a really long day, although I did learn a lot about the field.

SO a bit more info before I leave:

As the travel leader: I have to call a best western to come get us for our 18 hour layover in Hawaii. We will head over to the hotel and we are free to roam about the island, taking pics and having some fun before the work gets serious. I am excited and nervous to head out at 4:50am on Tuesday but I know that I will have one heck of a time out there. 

and a quick reminder: If I get sent to an outer Island odds are I wont have email. So if I dont respond to your emails for weeks at a time, it is not because I hate you, but rather I am unable to do it :)

Much love from Provo for the last time <3


Elder J


juon (jew-on) - ONE
ruo (roo-oh) - TWO
jilu (gee-lu) - THREE
jeraamman (jare-ah-mon) - Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment