Elder Austin J. Johnson

Elder Austin J. Johnson
Elder Austin Johnson has been called to serve in the Marshall Islands Marjuro Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and invites you to share in his adventure! "You will know at the finish line."

Sunday, September 4, 2016

Week 5

Hello All!

Saying goodbye to Bro. Nelson, our teacher.
Week 5 at the MTC has just begun. It is super crazy to think that I have been here for already one month. I love it here but I am so ready to leave and get outta here! My Marshallese is alright and I am ready to join the 12 other missionaries that are already in the Marshall Islands! When we arrive, one of us will be sent to an outer island, Jakuit, so if that is me these weekly updates will be postposed for around 6 weeks depending on how long I would stay there if I was selected. The rest of the 11 will go to Majuro, so it is more likely these will continue for a little while.

Spiritual thought for the week,

Heber C. Kimball and Brigham Young. Two people who were a huge influence on the church. Lived in separate towns during the 1830s. Both saw the same thing one night. Heber C. Kimball describes it as he "saw a rainbow of smoke rising through the air until it was high in the air, then it plateaued. Then as the smoke went over my head, the smoke began to be transparent. I saw an army above my head that moved in unison unlike any thing I had ever seen before, marching to the southwest. They marched and fought forces up there for what seemed like hours". Brigham Young records in his journal that same smoke and army in another town, not far from Heber C. Kimball. When both were baptized into the Church and met with Joseph Smith, they found out that the smoke that they saw and the army they saw all fought on the same day Joseph Smith went out to receive the Gold Plates (the Book of Mormon) from the Hill Cumorah with the help of Angel Moroni. The cool thing also is that they moved the same direction where Joseph lived. So, when Joseph went to receive the plates he was guarded in heaven as angels were fighting the evil spirits so that Joseph would have no problem receiving the plates.  THAT IS SO COOL!
Brother Nelson:  MTC Teacher

The food here is great-ish. I love their French Toast Sticks.

Flight plans come today so when I receive them I will send them to ya so I can be tracked :)

I really do love the Spirit that is here. I have grown closer to my Savior and felt His love in my life.

Want you all to know that you are in my prayers, I am always thinking about y'all, and I am so glad everyone is doing alright :)

Ilukkuun iokwe kom!


Elder J


Word of the Day:


monono (muh-nuh-nuh) - happy, happiness
melele (muh-lay-lay) - to understand


PS: ILY




No comments:

Post a Comment