Elder Austin J. Johnson

Elder Austin J. Johnson
Elder Austin Johnson has been called to serve in the Marshall Islands Marjuro Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and invites you to share in his adventure! "You will know at the finish line."

Monday, December 5, 2016

06 November 2016

Wow, what a week. It was a very stressful one. I did in fact find my patriarchal blessing so it was good to read it and remember the promises that are made if I make good choices. Also another need is a mosquito net for sleeping, like it covers your whole bed. Rumor is that they are opening up outer islands next transfer and I am hoping I get sent with Elder Peterson to Alinglaplap! But that is just a fantasy of mine and I can only pray that it happens. Uliga is really good. Just really hard. Putting 4 Missionaries on one area for that amount of time is ridiculous. I feel like we have seen everyone in our area already. It is super hard to find people who haven't studied with missionaries before and who even wants to. We had 5 people commit to baptism these past 2 weeks and it got me really excited because I am not good at the language but it must mean they are still feeling the Spirit. But eventually my dreams came crashing down as I go to a family that commited (4 of the 5) and everytime I taught them the husband wasn't home. So we go there one day and the lady tells us that she can't take the discussions anymore and that we can't come back and they won't be getting baptized because the husband is mad that we were studying with them. Then she offered us a pancake. So just like that we lost 4 baptisms and exchanged their soul with a pancake. :( That was really tough for me to get over this week. But I can only hope that as I go on that more investigators will pop up and we can get the work moving. 

But on a lighter note: I finally got to watch General Conference. In Marshallese. And it is because out bishop makes us do it. Which is funny because almost all the Marshallese people go to the English room to watch it in English because the translators in Utah are awful and use a dialect and vocab that haven't been used for over 50 years. So I understood little of conference. Looks like we will have a new prophet next year. Thankfully Bishop let us watch the priesthood session in English. So I got to see Elder Holland speak :). It was so weird to see the MTC choir at conference. Because I recognized some of the faces from my stay at the MTC and Elder Koleni who works with Elder Peterson in my area was in it too. 

Funny Story of the Week:

I have two for ya. My comp and I made a bet and the loser had to shave only ONE of their legs and I lost so I have been experiencing a whole new world :P. Next is I finally brought out Skip-Bo from the suitcase. I learned of the pride cycle today because I was smack talking and wrecked by my comp. Then he was prideful and I trashed him next game. Church is true.

Glad to see things are going well besides the presidency. We thought it was last week so we were walking around asking people if they knew!

Love ya lots


Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment