Elder Austin J. Johnson

Elder Austin J. Johnson
Elder Austin Johnson has been called to serve in the Marshall Islands Marjuro Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and invites you to share in his adventure! "You will know at the finish line."

Sunday, December 11, 2016

Transfers are coming! (04 December 2016)

Mommy!

Hey! Great to hear from ya!

I am doing great! A TON better than last week for sure! Haha time really flies I am so surprised that 4 months has already happened. It is so strange! I had a little part with myself on Friday to celebrate:)  I signed up for Skype! 5:40pm your time Christmas Day! But if transfers come (supposed to come today) and I head out, President says we get to Skype with our families before we leave! Transfers haven't happened yet but we are supposed to know by tonight. I have only heard rumors and the rumors are that Elder Peterson and Koleni are staying together and Elder Kendrick is staying in Uliga and Elder Wakefield is finishing his training. But I still have no idea where that puts me.. We will see I guess. My trainer leaves on Wednesday! I am going to miss him. Ask Dad for the full story but I sent it to him and we went out to Laura last PDay and the whole objective of that was to get me and him alone so I could apologize. We talked it out for about an hour and we left with increased love for each other. He invited me to his kojjemloks (going away parties) and wants me at the airport on Wednesday to see him off. I am so glad to call him a friend and hope he keeps in contact as the years go by! I am glad I did it and I have no regrets talking to him and apologizing.

I am so sorry to hear about the job. I was sad when I read it. I have complete faith that there is another plan for you. I read all of OUR HERITAGE this week and it totally reminded me how things were super sucky but how the Lord always found another way to bless His people. Keep that in mind and look for the blessings these next few weeks. We have a small Christmas tree of our own and everyones packages are under it :) makes me happy.

HAHA all these cringeworthy meetings reminds me of the "Im so glad when daddy comes home incident and the primary program incident". Honestly I would take that meeting over a Marshallese one because theirs are robotic because everyone's testimony is the same. It reminds me of the apostasy of the one people and the Rameumpton saying the same prayers over and over.

I haven't yet got the package. I am headed to the office today to check for mail. Thank you for mailing the packages you are the best! I have had to open all the people's in my house packages because they need things in there that can't wait til christmas but they also don't want to see what their families got them.  I will be extra tender in cutting it with my outer island MACHETE!! haha just kidding we have scissors! There is plenty of Dr. Pepper here, but I prefer a fresh coconut :) those things are delicious and the only thing we get to healthy food here. Please mail them when you get the time. They are super excited to receive them :). Haha you are the best caring for all the missionaries!

Speaking of pics: I should have time today while I am in the Office to send pictures. I found out I didn't take a lot of pics of me so I took a pretty bomb selfie yesterday that I am pretty proud of haha! Most of my pics is of the gorgeous sky and sunset and area. I don't really think about taking pics of me.  Enjoy the GRAND illumination and the cold weather. You start to miss it when it is the surface of the sun 24/7 haha. I think they both would like it but Helgenberger would like it more. 

Mom, I love long emails, it makes me miss you guys and I love reading about ur life! I love you so so so so much!  I am super grateful that you are my mom. Never forget that.   You are the best! Miss ya and I am proud of you,

Elap ao iakwe kon eok!


Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment