Elder Austin J. Johnson

Elder Austin J. Johnson
Elder Austin Johnson has been called to serve in the Marshall Islands Marjuro Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and invites you to share in his adventure! "You will know at the finish line."

Sunday, December 11, 2016

TRANSFERS HAPPENING!

Mama,

Yes! Another week down, nearing 5 MONTHS. That is so crazy to think about. I am planning on freaking pulling the 12 days package out of Sister Goodsell's hands today. haha well, surprise! I am going, just after Christmas:).  I was so jealous that Ross gets to be on an outer with his MTC brother! He will have a blast there!  From what Elder Sheffield told me 2 months ago, they should have internet there, it will just be really slow.  But I think Elder Ross will take the manly approach and not take that opportunity. I will be staying in the same place for a few more weeks. 


Wednesday was the day we heard about transfers. We had a huge all island meeting with President. Transfers were at the end. They announced outers. They said Uliga 1 and 2 will remain the same. Jaluit (outer) will be Elder Kennerly and Elder House and Wotje will be Elder Sheffield and Elder Ross. SO... two outers. I was relieved and ate some spaghetti. Then, I see the AP's talking with the president and all of a sudden the AP's come back and say: Oh, by the way, we are opening up two outers, Lae (closed for 1 transfer) and Ailinglapalap (not opened in 2 years) the Elders on Lae will be Elder Wakefield and Elder Dunn and Aiglinglapalap will be Elder Kendrick and Elder Johnson. SO yeah, I am headed out to an outer island :)  

Good News:

Not Leaving most likely until AFTER Christmas
It was a humbling experience. The King over there told President that they want Elders but because of the bad elders that were there before they want his MOST OBEDIENT Elders out there.
I will be finishing my sons training on an outer. (and I WANTED to go there holy cow it is GORGEOUS)

Details:

Look it up. Ailinglapalap is BIGGER than Majuro. But Majuro has over 30,000 people as Ailinglapalap has 2,500. A LOT of bike riding. From what I heard it is jungly, spacious, green, and nice! I am supposed to leave when they are ready for me. We have a house already bought, water, but no bikes yet. There is NO church building. I will be the Branch President. So I will be reading Handbook 1 so that is hype i guess. There are a lot of islands with ailinglapalap so I will be switching back and forth on them. The members there (though they are few) constructed a straw hut/table where we will have sacrament. I will most likely be there from 4 to 6 months. I can only take about 30 pounds with me. an hour and a half plane ride. No runway. landing on grass (SWEEEEEET) and I am super nervous because I am the senior companion on an outer where they know no Elngish and speak hella fast so it will no doubt be tough but I was freaking off the walls hype! holy cow I have seen pics of this place and it is GORGEOUS

Yes, I get to travel with my son and I am so so so happy about that. We get along so well and I am glad I get to be with him for like the first quarter of his mission hahahah. Thanks mom, as long as you have questions I have answers. I love talking about this place. Although it smells awful and the work is difficult, I love talking about this place. Me and Skylar talk every week now. I love it!  Haha glad that you like the pics! I am very happy and still maintaining my weight. So this place can destroy my bowels but it can't destroy my metabolism (please don't put that in the blog haha).

I will start putting on the sunscreen but not the hat here. Everyone makes fun of you and says you look ridiculous. I wear it every P-Day though! SO don't worry about that! Haha I know that I want to pursue ortho in college because I look at everyones teeth here and I am like "woah"


Awesome! Thanks for sending them! I know that they will really appreciate the love that is in those packages! Oh goodie! I am loved :) I feel it all the way over here!  I am so jealous that yous went to that! That sounds so much fun haha. It is hard to get the Christmas spirit here when it is 90 degrees haha. I try to pretend that the pouring rain is like snow! Tell cameron to shape up! Haha this week I ate a parrotfish that literally looked like it was just caught! haha I will send a pic of it to y'all. It was DELICIOUS

That is awesome! I love the Borlands. It will be sad to see them go but I hope that they come back for my homecoming! No matter if you all move I want to give my homecoming at the JTown ward! That place is home! Haha but I am happy that Dad will be lookin for a challenge! He needs one!!  That is awesome! Sounds FREEZING! I love the picture though. As much as you want pics from me I want pics from you all I miss seeing yo faces :).  That great and spacious building is nuts. Ever since I saw the restaurant in there with the drink "Jesus Juice". I have never been the same. But the Jesus being baptized this is just "one of the mysteries ;)".  People here have no clue what the holy ghost is. That is the weirdest thing for me.

What concert is that? I hope it is fun! I know that the ONLY reason that I am a good man as people say I am is because I was born of GOODLY Parents. Even Nephi said it! hhaha quick funny story is that Elder Goodsell is hilarious idk how he got with Satan but I will keep my mouth shut. He was talking to us at the meeting about the importance of baptismal forms and said that we "dropped balls". Everyone looked at each other and we were just so confused...
I love you so much! <3

Elder Johnson

P.S. I bought it the first day I was here. It keeps the shoulders intact. I am planning on sending home a package soon with some goodies :) Haha I only use 2 of the white shirts because I want to save some so they dont get shredded:)

No comments:

Post a Comment