Elder Austin J. Johnson

Elder Austin J. Johnson
Elder Austin Johnson has been called to serve in the Marshall Islands Marjuro Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and invites you to share in his adventure! "You will know at the finish line."

Monday, December 5, 2016

30 October 2016

Hey All!

1. Really learned about the power of prayer this week. We never prayed before we went out and we were having little success trying to find people in this whitewashed area. So we decided to pray before we went out. And cool thing is that we had the most successful day ever, gained 5 really strong investigators, and now all 5 have baptismal dates. Best testimony builder ever.

2. Learning Marshallese songs for the Christmas program. They are so freaking weird-sounding. But that leaves a funny performance for you guys when I come home! I am also translating hymns now that are getting published! Bishop Ackley is really grateful that someone is doing it!

3. My body is acclimating to this climate. It is scary! I have the BEST flip flop tan in the world and I love it. Working on a sunglass tan too :). But I knew I was acclimating when I walked into the apartment and it was so cool that I took of my collared shirt and put on my lava-lava and looked at the thermostat and it was 94 degrees...

Honestly love this area so much. The kids love me and they call me Elder John Cena because its hard for them to pronounce my name sometimes. They know me as the magic guy because they are always really grateful to view my low level magic tricks.

Weird things I ate this week!

Soup with Seaweed, Breadfruit, Rice, Carrots, Cabbage, and assorted fishes.. also with a coconut water broth..

Love this area and love the work. I know that I need to be here. 


Love you all


Elder J

No comments:

Post a Comment