Elder Austin J. Johnson

Elder Austin J. Johnson
Elder Austin Johnson has been called to serve in the Marshall Islands Marjuro Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and invites you to share in his adventure! "You will know at the finish line."

Sunday, December 11, 2016

13 November 2016

Well, let me start this email on a happy note, eh?

I am so happy that Cullen is home. Seeing the picture got me a little
homesick and so happy.

Well, now let me start this email by saying that I did something this
week that makes me hated by most missionaries but I know that it was
the right decision.

I confessed everything. I exposed the disobedience on this mission to
the president and told him how poorly I was trained. I told him
everything in about an hour and a half interview. He was really
surprised because this was all news to him. The thing was, the word
got out that I was going in to tell president and I received threats
from the older missionaries. Threatening to come to the house and beat
me up. I was terrified but I knew that my decision was the right
decision. I exposed the disobedience and the threats I got and he told
me that if I receive another threat to tell the AP's and the person
who threatened me will be on the next flight home. He told me that he
was very proud of me and the decision I made to come out and tell him
all of these things. So I have no regrets. President left on Sunday
and will be gone for 3 weeks so I am under the protection from the
AP's. They told me that I will be hated for a few weeks by the
missionaries. But I don't care about that. I did what I had to do. And
I don't regret any of it. I thought of my Blessing which said that
"you will be admired and respected by your fellow missionaries and
seen as a leader" I thought of the story of the title of liberty and I
know that my decision was correct. Some missionaries might be sent
home because of it...

Now the bright side is on Tuesday me and my son doubled our record of
lessons in a day with 14 lessons in one day! It was a real testimony
builder that exact obedience brings miracles.

Another funny story! These kids wanted to see some magic and I was
tired from the day and I wasn't in the mood but the kids here just
pester and pester. SO I said stay where you are, close your eyes, and
count to 10 and me and my comp will be gone! The amazement on their
faces of such a trick was incredible! They all closed there eyes and
we booked it out of there. Funny thing is all the kids actually closed
their eyes and listened! We heard in the distance kids saying "WHERE
ARE THE MISSIONARIES?!!?!?!?" It was hilarious!

I also had a huge lesson on Godly Sorrow this week. After I told the
pres, he talked to one of the disobedient missionaries. He was in
there for like 15 minutes. He comes out angry as heck. We get back to
the house and he storms outside, and an hour later comes in crying,
hugs his companion, and THANKS him for everything. They went to the
pres last night and confessed everything and now he is a changed
missionary. Godly sorrow is truly the sorrow that SAVES, CHANGES, and
TRANSFORMS.

I really enjoyed and took to heart Ballard's talk in conference. I
encourage you to reread it. Also President Nelson's as it gets close
to Christmas season.

Speaking of Christmas, I officially hate Christmas music here. It is
too hot to even think that it is November. Plus it reminds me of home.
We were at Bishop's house last night and he made us all go around and
say what Christmas meant to us and I cried... twas legit. Miss you
guys.

Also President said that Skypes home this Christmas are to be 40 min
MAX! So he said to challenge the parents to write down some questions
you want answered so not a minute is wasted!

Transfers are coming up soon! Will keep you posted on the changes happening.

That was my week in a nutshell, super stressful, super life-changing,
super spiritual

Love You and all that you two do. Have fun in Oregon mom and enjoy the
cold Dad haha you really start to miss the cold when you see pics of
people wearing jackets when you get cold here and its 82 degrees :)

Iakwe komro!

Elder Johnson

for mom:

Work is great! I love my companion it will be sad if we split next transfer!
I have improved severely on my weaknesses
The office is letting us sign up for going and sending pics like one
time every two months so you will be getting TONS of pics soon from me
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment