Elder Austin J. Johnson

Elder Austin J. Johnson
Elder Austin Johnson has been called to serve in the Marshall Islands Marjuro Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and invites you to share in his adventure! "You will know at the finish line."

Monday, March 27, 2017

05 February 2017 : 6 Months Out

Mom!

Hey! Lets answer those questions. Yes! 6 months down! And today marks one month since I landed on ALAP! Some days I feel like time is just dragging but other times it just flies. Crazy how time works. Honestly I look at a mission where all people do is countdown the day til they leave and then when they day comes they don't feel ready to leave haha. I am doing great and feeling great and gaining weight! 165 lbs now! The language is great I am still trying hard to understand because their accents are really hard to understand because they slur everything.. And I can have easy conversations with people and sometimes not think about what to say in English first. I am in 2 Nephi in the Marshallese BOM because Hinckley said that if you read the BOM in your mission language you will be fluent by the time you finish. I haven't heard of anyone on this mission finishing the BOM so I look to be the first. I am not spending money because I have no need to! Most people buy like Pop Tarts and Cereal (which is 10 bucks here) when they refuse to see that Chicken, fish, and rice are dirt cheap. We get those instead so we always have an emergency fund when I need it. Hey, at least I know I can survive in college, right?

I LOVE Elder Hansen! He is hilarious and fun to work with! I love joking around with him. We are riding bikes now as we have lost car privileges. It is funny a lot of people talk about how much they don't get along with my companions but I seem to get along with them just fine. The gift of Charity is real. I am trying to be more Christlike and one way is to stop roasting people. I have definately learned to keep my mouth shut and do service in silence. It has helped me grow as a person.

I did get your letter and I have responded to it. I will be mailing it out soon. Thank you for sending that. There are a lot of cultural things i would put in those blanks but i loved how you said "before the mission" haha. Brown 10.5 jandals should be stellar, if not get 11s. Youre the best! I am so happy that yous enjoyed wintergreen! I have always wanted to go there without the mud and the barbed wire (though I do most certainly prefer that :)

That is crazy about the immigrants. I need to stop being so judgemental. The first thing I look at in a person is their oral hygiene. Truly a mommas boy I guess haha. But don't worry ya boy has been brushing and flossing everynight. I also love these Hinckley quotes. I really am trying to cop one of the new books to read for personal study. Congrats to Sean Allred! Kendrick has a friend there right now. He is totally gonna love it! How is Sean? I miss that kid. If you have any more questions please ask:)

Love ya tons


Elder Johnson 

No comments:

Post a Comment