Elder Austin J. Johnson

Elder Austin J. Johnson
Elder Austin Johnson has been called to serve in the Marshall Islands Marjuro Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and invites you to share in his adventure! "You will know at the finish line."

Monday, March 27, 2017

05 March 2017: Transfers!

Hey Mom!

I am happy and healthy! Transfers came on Wednesday and I did pray for a change and it looks like I received it. I am moving to Jenrok to be with my brother Elder Scott and Elder Koleni! I am excited to work there even though the area is not even a half a mile long! it is crazy! But I am excited and ready to get to work! I am glad the letter came! It brought me so much joy to write about the culture! I love this culture even though sometimes it can be frustrating. So some stories for this week that I thought were pretty cool:

So Thursday I was studying and felt something crawling by my legs. I reached down to grab it and felt a sharp pain in my arm. I looked and saw a black thing and immediately threw it away! Turns out it was a scorpion... I got a nice dime sized wound for a few days but it is all healed! It was a freaky story and the scorpion has been killed and i took a picture of the sting at its worst so yous can see it. 

I drove stickshift this week! The AP's have a truck now that is gorgeous and it is stick but only me and Elder Mahanga know how to drive stick so the AP's let me drop off some bikes in Laura. It was weird to now try to teach the AP's how to drive stick. I saw their frustrations as they kept killing it and it reminded me of when dad taught me haha. now they are pros so I guess i successfully taught some people how to drive stick!

Yesterday we were slightly depressed to find out that our Golden INvestigator in Ajeltake is moving to Indiana abruptly. It was super sad especially after such a great lesson with him. He will be missed. But that was a sad way to close out work in Ajeltake. 

Some weird comp stories: So Elder Hansen's middle name is Bennion, which is his mom's maiden name. He was telling me about his close cousins and how one of them has the last name Redfern. I paused and was like WHAT THE HECK! Remember Chris Redfern? Son of Toni and Poncho? LUKE HANSEN IS COUSINS WITH THEM!! Small world indeed!

Another one is with Elder Peterson. Elder Peterson's Dads name is Troy. He has a brother named Shawn. and one sister named JENNIFER! My mind was straight up blown haha. CRAZY WORLD

The last story is we stayed for a youth activity and i was asked to be on the bball team. I didnt' have sneakers with me so I went barefoot. AWFUL IDEA. I have 4 beautiful big blisters on my feet now and geez oh man they hurt.

I am sorry to hear about all this sad news. But I guess we see the blessings of missionary work.. I love you mom and miss you so much. My quote comes from a really wise quoter named 'Anonymous' :)

Don't be fooled by the calendar. Time is relative and you get what you put into. Some people do a weeks worth of work in a year and others do a years worth in a week.


Love Always,

Elder J

No comments:

Post a Comment